Find out more about the Pump Centre and its members.
Find out more about the latest news from the Pump Centre and its members.
Join us at The Water Equipment Show!
Find out more about the Water Equipment Show Conference & Exhibition and other events.
Find out more about our scheduled training course programme.
Find out more about our collaborative Water Industry projects.
Find out information about the consultancy services that we offer our members.
If you register you will gain access to the information in our FREE ZONE. If you are a Pump Centre member you will be given a higher level permission which will allow you to access much more!
Pump Centre Young Engineer Awards 2024
Nominations are open!
How to enter
The guidance notes for the awards can be downloaded via the following link:
Young Engineers Awards 2024 Guidance Notes v2.pdfTo enter the awards, please download the nomination form via the following link:
YEs Awards 2024 Nomination Form v1.pdf
• To qualify for nomination in the Professional Young Engineer category the candidate must be 28 years of age or less on the 1st March 2024 and have a formal qualification in an Engineering or related subject. The candidate will be working in a professional role with responsibilities and experience commensurate with thatof a professional engineer. In this context, ‘Professional’ is defined as someone having the necessary skills, education, and training to carry out their role. Candidates need not have achieved Chartered status at this point in their career or hold ‘substantial’ roles to be eligible to apply in this category. • To qualify for nomination in the Technician Young Engineer category the candidate must be 24 years of age or less on the 1st of March 2024 and have proven experience on engineering projects as appropriate to their field of work. The candidate will likely be spending most of their time working outside the workshop in a less hands-on role, have a level of responsibility commensurate with that of a Technician Engineer and possibly be working towards a formal qualification in Engineering or a related subject.• To qualify for nomination in the Apprentice Young Engineer category the candidate must be 22 years of age or less on the 1st of March 2024 and have proven experience on engineering projects as appropriate to their field of work and primarily be working in the workshop or in the field on hands-on based tasks.
1. The first stage comprises an assessment of the nomination forms received to draw up a list of finalists
2. In the second stage, all finalists will be invited for interview and to give a presentation. For the 2024 awards this stage will be conducted virtually. All candidates must be available to attend the interviews.
1. The competition is open to employees of Pump Centre member companies and employees of non-member companies who work closely with Pump Centre member companies (e.g., contractors, consultants etc.).2. Non-member companies may nominate one young engineer. 3. Each Pump Centre member company can nominate or endorse up to 3 young engineers in each award category.
1. Nominations must be made using the ‘Pump Centre Young Engineers Awards 2023 Nomination Form’attached. Please ensure that you use this form, older versions and entries in any other format will not be accepted. 2. Nominations must be endorsed by a representative from a Pump Centre member company. 3. The endorser and nominator in Pump Centre member companies can be the same person. 4. The Nominator must have known the nominee in a working capacity for at least one year (e.g., manager, team leader, foreman etc.). The nominator does not have to be an employee of a Pump Centre member company. 5. The nomination form must be completed in full by the nominee and nominator. For non-members the nomination form must be endorsed by a Pump Centre Member. 6. All forms must be returned to the Pump Centre on or before Friday 24th November 2023. Nomination forms received after this date will not be considered.
• Nomination Forms to be submitted at the latest by Friday 24th Nov 2023• Stage 1 Judging will be completed during December 2023 • Short-listed finalists will be notified and provided with further details of Stage 2 in January 2023.• Stage 2 Judging (Interviews) will take place on week commencing Monday 19th February 2023 • Candidates will be informed of the outcome of the interviews by mid-March 2024• Official winners’ announcement will take place on 15th May 2024 at the Water Equipment Show conference dinner.
In each category the award winner will receive a package of prizes worth several hundred pounds comprising:
· A commemorative certificate or trophy
· A gift voucher worth up to £250
· A one day Pump Centre training course worth up to £450
In addition, the award winners and all Stage 2 short-listed finalists will receive an invitation, for them and a guest,to attend the Water Equipment Show dinner awards ceremony on the evening of Wednesday 15th
Please note: All items are subject to variation and the Pump Centre's decision on all matters relating to the Pump Centre Young Engineer Awards is final.
© Arcadis Consulting UK Ltd. All rights reserved. Registered number 02212959.
Registered Office at Arcadis, 80 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4BY, UK. Part of the Arcadis Group of Companies along with other entities in the UK.